Area Healthcare Centers
Floyd Cherokee Medical Center
Floyd Cherokee Medical Center, conveniently located in Centre, AL, was established in 1957 to meet the healthcare and hospitalization needs of Cherokee County area residents. Today, it is a vibrant hospital with a reputation for providing top quality care and a superb patient experience.
- 60-bed facility
- Accredited by The Joint Commission (TJC)
- 24/7 physician-led Emergency Room with “30-minutes or less” pledge
- Specializing in:
Acute Care, Post-acute Rehabilitation, Outpatient Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy, Gastroenterology (G.I.), General Surgery, Ophthalmology and full-service Diagnostic Imaging, Swing Bed Program, Sleep Disorder Center and Drug and Alcohol Detox Program
Cherokee County Health & Rehabilitation Center
Cherokee County Health & Rehabilitation Center is ranked one of the top ten nursing homes in Alabama, and houses one of the state's three finest Alzheimer's care units. The center is a 185-skilled-bed nursing home with a 50-bed Alzheimer unit. The center also has a 12-bed Medicare rehabilitation unit for patients needing short-term rehabilitation. Cherokee Village, the center's assisted living facility, has 16 assisted-living beds and 36 specialty-care assisted-living beds.
Nearby Healthcare Centers
Additional healthcare services are located in nearby communities, as well as Birmingham, Atlanta, and Chattanooga.
- Rome, GA
- 230-bed facility
- Primary Stroke Center of Excellence
- Joint Commission Certified for Heart Attack and Heart Failure Care, Stroke, and Total Hip & Knee Procedures
- Specialized areas include:
Cardiac Care, Vascular, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, General Surgery, Urologic Surgery, Gynecologic Surgery, Total Joint Center, Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit & Wound Care Center
- Chattanooga, TN
- State level three neonatal intensive care unit
- Affiliated with the University of Tennessee College of Medicine
- Provides additional services